Friday, July 3, 2015

Week 5


Holy cramole!! I leave for Italy this Monday! We wake up at 2 AM or so and get on a plane to Atlanta, which then goes straight to Rome (contrary to what I had previously thought - it's the Milan missionaries that are going through Frankfurt).

This week was the mission president seminar. We had the opportunity of having a mission president and his wife come teach us for an hour on Thursday and Friday. They are headed to Greece. Apparently they're dealing with a lot right now because of all the financial disaster Greece is going through right now. But they were super cool, I liked them a lot.

As a district we decided that our new "mission scripture" would be Romans 1:15-16.

 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Last Friday we also got to teach a 30 minutes Skype lesson to a member in Italy. It was pretty fun and stressful at the same time.  Today we get to clean the temple while it is closed. Last night the devotional speaker was Joseph W. Sitati of the Seventy. He's from Kenya and is such a champ- apparently he was the elder's quorum president of his branch in Kenya before he was even baptized! I loved hearing from him.

Oh and I'm not sick anymore. I guess that's all I really have to say, it's just work-work-work around here but oh how I have come to love it. I also love how prayers are really answered here. Sorry I haven't sent any pictures, I hopefully will get one from my parents before I take off to Italy! 

Love,

Anziano Cannon


No comments:

Post a Comment