Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 12

August 17, 2015

This week was Ferragosto, a big holiday where everyone is gone, so Saturday was the mission-wide apartment deep cleaning day. A lot of the members use the holiday to take a trip to the temple in Switzerland, so there weren't many people in church Sunday. Because of issues with the holiday and the train schedule, we got to church late, which was a massive bummer for a bunch of reasons. But in hindsight I think I gained a greater appreciation for the sacrament. We always tell people the sacrament is the most important part of church but getting there a little too late to take it was just super depressing.  It reminded me that this really is the most important part of my week. Thankfully we took it to someone else later and got to take it then. 

I told you all last week about how the heart of Lorenzo has changed. He isn't the only one! We saw Andrea this week, a guy who apparently used to be Evangelical and would totally lambaste the missionaries, but he has changed so much. He told us about how good he feels inside when he talks to us and I think our testimonies really hit him hard. 

We had transfer calls. Thankfully my trainer and I are both staying in Bagheria and he is going to be the new district leader. 

It stormed this week. They don't have rain like that in Medford! Unfortunately during this event we got locked out of the house, and ended up having to climb over to our balcony from another person's balcony and someone helped us break our back window with a hammer so we could get in. Needless to say we made copies of our keys after this experience. 

I also strengthened my testimony of the scriptures this week after English course.  There was an atheist there who asked me why, if there is a God, He would allow people to suffer like they do in the world.  I unfortunately realized that I hadn't prepared a scripture for that question. But all of a sudden a scripture in Alma popped into my head, which I shared. After that he was just like "ok, that makes sense". And that was it. It was super cool! 

Well we haven't baptized anyone here yet but we are getting close, and no matter what happens you all can know that I am doing literally everything I can go further the work here. Faith precedes the miracle.

Love,

Anziano Cannon 


This isn't your mom's calzone...



We went bowling with the two newest converts in the ward, 11 year old Marco 
and 21 year old (and mission bound!) Lorenzo.


Can you guess the theme of the names we used? 


Ethan's cousin Tristan Spencer just arrived in Rome
where he will be serving his mission as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment