Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 59

July 11, 2016


Transfers... We are staying. Thank goodness! I definitely haven't finished my work here.

This week we got on the wrong bus and forgot to validate our tickets because I was busy talking to a guy who had apparently taken the lessons before, and because we had done a scambio that day and I had forgotten to move my wallet to my other bag it was maybe the first time ever I didn't had my permesso to be in Italy on my person. Add those things all up and then guess whether or not the ticket checkers,
who we normally never see, got on the bus.
Yep, they did. It ended up being just a €50 fine, but that's what I call bad luck.

I might just use abbreviations cuz my fake names are confusing me. S is pretty incredible, he doesn't even have a date yet but he should be getting baptized here in a few weeks. It's also really nice to have an African who speaks Italian actually quite well, it'll help him get more involved with the ward.

G is still worried about quitting smoking, but he totally GETS IT. We are really just showing him what he has to do to come unto Christ and he's doing it.

It is getting super hot and everyone is complaining but weird Anziano Cannon is just sitting here more concerned about burning calories and losing weight so honestly that feeling of cleaning the house on p day and have sweat dripping down your nose because you're so hot is kind of satisfying to me.

Love,

Anziano Cannon



Saying goodbye to the dying zone leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment