Friday, August 26, 2016

Week 64


August 22, 2016

Where am I? I'm back in ROME!!!!

Monday night at 9:50 the assistants called us to tell me that I would be heading to Rome 6 to be with Elder Jorgenson, from my MTC group.  It's been super nice and relaxing. He's really fun to be with and easy to talk to. And I am following a missionary who "smoothed and straightened his covers as he said his prayers" so my clean-freakness should actually be a step down from before!

We went about our day Tuesday, and had a stack of appointments with investigators, new converts, less actives, and members on Wednesday.  The day arrived and we were shooting off appointments super quickly and found out that the Anziani of Lecce and Brindisi were coming in early for transfers so we would be doing an exchange with them. For having not known about it until that morning, they got off the train looking surprisingly happy. Turns out they met a great family that is now a referral for Foggia [a city in Italy].

We taught our first lesson to P. that night. We didn't get to the second page of the pamphlet. But it's ok, we teach to people's needs and those were his needs! He is starting right there at the beginning with "faith". We were stoked to get a cool referral that night from a couple we had pressed a little bit about missionary work. 

Wednesday night we went to Bishops house. Outside E. was waiting, it was a miracle because I met his wife for the first time. She had just had the baby a few days before. But he said they were all coming to church on Sunday! I hope the missionaries finally get to teach her.  At bishop’s house I ended up spending the majority of the time on the phone with the office because Anziano Larrain, my companion for the day, doesn't speak English but his ticket hadn't come to his email.  Finally, we both got our tickets, and I found out I would leave at 7:15 the next morning. I went to bed at 10:30 but woke up at 3 to do all my packing and a few notes for people.

So here we are in Rome 6. I have an awesome district that includes the assistants, three people from my MTC group, and three greenies. I've already bumped into a few people I knew when I was here before. It appears that the world is small (smaller than Rome, it would appear, which is GIGANTIC.) Now we have plenty of parks including Villa Ada!  Another miracle was a lady from Pakistan we met! My companion asked her if she was Christian and she said yes. So she came to church! She loved it, was taking pictures of the church and has already been reading the Book of Mormon in Urdu. She wants to bring her friends next week. I feel like I can relate to her since she has three teenage sons who live in Pakistan, it's almost like she is my mom.  We also met a lady from Sri Lanka who we will give a Sinhalese copy of the Book of Mormon to.

Love,


Anziano Cannon




 11 weeks later and 30 pounds lighter. Come one and 
all to the Anziano Cannon weight loss program.
[Compare the two pictures immediately above this comment.]












No comments:

Post a Comment