Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 67

September 12, 2016

My friend Elder Dini Ciacci sent a letter out to be read in church...  On the 25th we are fasting in gratitude that the temple is moving forth at full speed again!!!!! These days I have stopped praying that the temple will be completed but instead that the Saints' hearts will be prepared, because I know that when they are ready, the temple will be too.

President Pickerd is a champ. Even though I'm here in Rome I never see him, but his influence is felt. He "fulfilled the law" in my opinion with the old standards of excellence and made a simple, new one – one baptism per companionship per six-week transfer. It goes right in line with the Europe area plan, which has been called the best in the world for its simplicity. We really are working to get Rose there for October 8th, the last Saturday of the transfer. This week she has been reading every day, and says that her friends have noticed a big difference in her in the past three weeks. She tells them two angels were sent to her.

Yesterday I translated sacrament meeting for about 30 Americans who came on a tour. They are so nice but all I want to do is speak to our members in Italian ha-ha. There are a couple American families who live here whose dads are working on the temple and who are studs. But one thing I forgot since I have been in Italy is how normal American teenage kids are. One thing I love about Italians is that right off the bat you and the youth can be good friends. With the American kids we are going to have to win them over a bit. We'll definitely be using them; there is a strong nucleus of about 30, most of which are new, that are going to an international school here.


Love,
Anziano Cannon


Sorry no pictures... Hint for next week, you'll see a picture of something from the British Isles that is coming here to Rome!




[From President and Sister Pickerd’s blog]

No comments:

Post a Comment