Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Week 80

December 12, 2016

There is an African man who hadn't come to Church since I've been here. We called to set up an appointment and he just said "I'll come to church on Sunday". So there he was, In a suit and everything!  That's cool, sometimes it doesn't take a lot to help people.

We have a few members from Nigeria and Ghana. None of them are super strong in the gospel, and we figured they would do really well to meet together, and strengthen and teach one another through a family home
evening. So we planned to do that. Our branch mission leader wanted to tag along, and before you knew it got announced in church yesterday! Seriously like the whole branch is coming. I am so happy to do it because like zero of the people here come from those picture perfect nuclear families you are used to in the States.  From what I gathered I doubt anyone was doing FHEs. So we will need your prayers that this first one goes well but I can't wait to help the branch in this way.

We actually taught one of these guys, C, last Monday evening. It's getting better, but at correlation and district meeting we normally sound like Gollum from Lord of the Rings when we sing. I'm no super star myself.  But we were talking about the temple and I felt like we should sing "I Love to See the Temple". So at first I thought: "all right, I'll just read the words". Then I thought: oh, man up! So at the end I said that my companion and I would be singing a song about the temple, and we did, and the Spirit totally came into the room. It was great!

O is doing well! He is like a teabag that has been soaked in Catholicism his entire life. It just shows that the Lord prepares people because miraculously he is humble enough to accept what we teach. But that doesn't mean it's easy. One member from Ireland jokingly told us how he thinks it takes four generations of Church membership to purge all the old traditions people have that they bring from other religions. So we are chipping away.

This week we have zone conference! I'm sad to be leaving our island for a couple days because we have so much work to do but it'll be so great as well to go back to Italy. Hopefully I can do an exchange in Rome 1 or Rome 2 and see old investigators and members!

imħabba, (that's with the guttural "h")

Presbiteru Cannon



Some of our members have super nice 
houses and fireplaces like this...













No comments:

Post a Comment