Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week 84

January 9, 2017

This week has been one of the craziest and most miracle filled of my mission.  It's been really wonderful to have such a great companion that pushes me when I push him. After all that I have studied over the past nearly two years, to me the biggest indicator of a good missionary is having a desire to talk to everyone. And we've been doing that together.  He's helped me be super bold in talking to people in every possible circumstance and not being lazy at all. I believe that it is partially because of that that we have stayed so busy and happy this week.

The members of the branch are getting really optimistic and excited.  It's kind of scary because I don't want to let them down. But as we prepare for branch conference with President Pickerd in a couple weeks, everything seems to be falling together miraculously. People are coming back to church and getting temple recommends.  An old investigator walked in; O is progressing.  Probably my favorite was that our friend M who has been getting more and more active and this week went home teaching as well and accepted an invitation to speak in branch conference.  He also brought his seven-year-old daughter for the first time since I've been here in a beautiful pink dress.  Her non-member cousin, who just moved here, also came and Sister K taught her to pray and to sing "I am a child of God"!

We are even singing as a quartet of missionaries for branch conference. One of the songs is "The Hymn of the Restoration", a song in Maltese written by Marty Rivers, our branch president which will be included in the new hymn book that he is beginning to translate!

This week as a district we have been working on unity. A couple thoughts on this topic that seems to be one that makes or breaks success:

Unity is the combined effect of individual efforts. Unity is not the act of spending time together but of sacrificing for a common cause.  Only in righteousness is there true unity. The wicked can maybe "get along" for a time but in the end are always self-centered and will never have the outward focused motivation it takes to be united! That only happens when we are righteously serving the Lord.

It has been FREEZING here, though it was supposedly the coldest week of the year. The wind and humidity make the not too cold weather frigid, but after seeing pictures from home I'll count my blessings.

Bl-imħabba,

Presbiteru Cannon




 View from the church



No comments:

Post a Comment