Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 85

January 16, 2017

My companion got better, I got sick, and T minus five days till President Pickerd comes to Malta! Time to get all our stuff up to snuff!

Well I'm really glad that the unity thing sank in last week. I was really impressed with the other elders when we had to call them and say "you know that really cool new person you received as a
self-referral? That's actually OUR really cool new person, because he lives in our area". They handled it like champs and we got to return the favor when we found out that the wonderful Nigerian girl (who has become super comfortable here in the branch very quickly) is actually in their area. The good news is they are all in the Lord's area!

This week O. showed up early for his lesson, so I got to try to converse with him on my own. I showed him pics of my family. He is so teachable and humble; I concur with our branch president those are some of the things that make or break a baptism.

Tonight at FHE we are speaking on the family proclamation. One thing I used to wonder is "If families are so important in the gospel, why do the scriptures hardly ever talk about them?" Later I realized that EVERYTHING in the scriptures talks about families, in the sense that all we learn in them is meant to be applied in our immediate family, as well as with our brothers and sisters who are children of God.

bl-imħabba,


Presbiteru Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment