Saturday, October 10, 2015

Week 19

October 5, 2015

General conference is the best. I'm not going to even put that in caps, because no words can accurately describe my feelings for it. But I will testify that the veil between Heaven and Earth can be very thin during experiences like that.  A member left early because he was "too tired to watch another session". My feeling was that I was too spiritually tired to NOT watch another session. And come on, the music was PERFECT. Come, Come Ye Saints, The Spirit of God (using the arrangement that starts out with just one person), Redeemer of Israel, and I was sweating, shivering, and my eyes were watering with the Spirit as we stood and sang How Firm a Foundation. 

On transfer calls day I said goodbye to Anziano Borner, and then carried out my plan to take two other missionaries, both starting their third transfer like me, to Bagheria to do missionary work there, since we had nothing really to do while we waited. I was really nervous since we all just finished being trained and here I was basically in charge of them of my own accord, but the Lord really blessed us. We had an awesome time and got some great work done before the new missionaries came that night. 

Anziano Andersen and I have done some good work already. He is much different than Anziano Borner, and as always, I have learned a lot from him already. His dad is a general authority and his gospel knowledge is pretty deep. He is the youngest of nine siblings and his immediate family picture is about as big as either one of my extended families.

Salvatore has a baptismal date now and enjoyed conference very much, as did the other Salvatore (am I confusing you?).  Unfortunately Eman didn't make it to conference.  We are working very hard with him right now because he is very ready for his baptism. 

We had such a cool experience getting to the train station after conference Saturday night, when a guy told us the train to Bagheria had been canceled. So (maybe due to inspiration) I looked at the train schedule and found that if we RAN to another station 15 minutes away, we could catch a train there instead of waiting another hour. By "we" I mean legitimately ten of us: a biker, some Italian teenagers, a family with a young baby, and a Polish tourist couple. It was really fun and yielded some good gospel conversation after we made it safely to the station. 

I encourage you all to place value in the inspired words of the prophets! They will guide us safely home! I know it! 

Love, 

Anziano Cannon 


 Teatro Massimo, biggest theater in Italy! SO COOL!



There was insane flash flood Tuesday. We ran home (about 2 minutes). It felt like running through a water park. So then, with umbrellas, we went to an appointment where an amazing member gave us new shirts to wear. Unfortunately mine didn't have a pocket so my name tag was a little weird for the evening, including here at Marco's birthday (the 11 year old). 



My last district 


Teaching gospel principles a few weeks ago, place was packed! Not sure why everyone loves hearing the Bagheria missionaries teaching so much ;) 




2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog each week. Didn't dawn on me to wish you happy birthday thru your blog until it was to late, but happy belated birthday from the Morgans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog each week. Didn't dawn on me to wish you happy birthday thru your blog until it was to late, but happy belated birthday from the Morgans.

    ReplyDelete